Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Successories.

Saw this quote again today:

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.




Michael Jordan

Read more:
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/michael_jordan.html#ixzz1OjrhXBix



It reminded me of a recent talk with a respected player. I am not mocking him. I am paraphrasing.

"I've been called an asshole or worse over 9000 times. I've spent more on armor repair than I have on whisky and scotch. I've been trusted to hit the killing blow and puked on my keyboard, or passed out cold. I've raided over and over again, and suckers, and that's why I succeed."--Xak

 I'd take his wisdom over Jordan's any day.
(If I am mocking anyone, it is Michael Jordan. Don't see him out there in the virtual world helping me with anything.)

F-it, dude. Let's go bowling.

Stumbled across a very well written blog: http://sheepthediamond.wordpress.com/2011/06/07/open-and-shut/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!