Saturday, August 25, 2012

Touching clouds...

These are two screenshots I may turn into large motivational posters when I get home. Each suits me, or  sides of me, depending on the situation. I think they speak for many of us--sometimes we need to go Dwarf and just punch something in the snoot, and sometimes we need to think the situation through.



Sometimes that dragon needs a good punch. I am saddened today by the loss of Neil Armstrong, who took giant steps indeed. His passing reminded me of an incident where a, shall we say, "disbeliever" in the moon walks told Buzz Aldrin to fess up, and Buzz punched in right in the face. Buzz took the Dwarf approach.



I think Neil Armstrong was squarely in the "shrinking world" approach. And in my reflective moments, I am too. I have shrunk the world by every book I've read, every letter I've written, and every friend I've made. If the clouds are our metaphorical dreams, where dragons lurk and wishes come true, if we use our smarts and our hearts, we can truly walk in the footsteps of giants.

Thank you Neil Armstrong. We need to keep reaching, and not diminish our human spirits further.

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful words my friend. You always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!