Saturday, November 3, 2012

Wiped.

This is the worst Boss yet. 


Yesterday I went to continue my NaNo - I had 1680 words of tripe, but there were a few gems in there. The file was gone. After detective work and tears, I realized I must have shut something down or dragged things incorrectly in the backup software, and it was wiped. Gone. Really gone. Cross-dressing rogue tried to help, but then he misunderstood my anger and thought it was misdirected at him, so that caused no small amount of friction in the Matty-shack. So a bad situation got worse. No buff food. No repair gold. And the Word file is still mocking me from somewhere in the ether. And I am not kidding: I have never, ever lost a Word file before. Ever. Until yesterday, of course. (And for those well-meaning folks out there who are going to give me tips on recouping things --trust me, it's gone.)

So being November 2, I was facing down approximately 3400 words, and was exhausted. I can see why folks don't do this now, and it's only Day 3. Because I chose to try to sleep I'm now on 5100 words, and I have a class today.

Coffee, where are you? Coffee answers, in a snarky tone, "Ready, Matty. As always. Now get busy."

4 comments:

  1. Oh nooooooo! I hope those words come quicker this time to make up for running off like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but procrastination debuff set in! :)

      Delete
  2. :(

    Wish I could send you hot strong coffee across the internets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'll be damned! Virtual wishes of coffee work pretty damn well too! But then again I alway knew you were a powerful magical force!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!