Thursday, June 20, 2013

Little things...

I don't know if any of you recall the minor battle I had with the milkman. No, it wasn't over curds and whey, or broken hearts, or cracked eggs, nothing like that. He was annoyed with me. This past holiday I waved the white (milk) flag, and gave him I guess a generous tip. He's been so amazing ever since. As I was walking out this morning, I remember it is milk delivery day, and when I opened the box there were two new reusable grocery bags and a lovely note:


Look! A smiley face! The milkman drew me a smiley face!

In an effort to pay it forward, here's my little note to all of you: you're awesomesauce, and put the whipped cream on my cupcakes. Wait. That didn't come out right. Dammit! Wait...okay. Let me try again: You are all the cream in my coffee, the sunny-side up of my eggs, and the sweet pulp of goodness in my morning orange juice.

Sorry - think I made it worse.

Here you go  -- some far better writing than my lame attempt at milkman jokes:

http://www.alternative-blog.net/2013/06/bedtime-stories_18.html


3 comments:

  1. LOL! I DO remember the milkman problems, I'm glad a healthy tip brought his smiley face side out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait, last time I remember the milkman was grouchy but this time he's positively glowing! That you had to tip him to make him smiles makes me a bit... sad though. I wonder if I throw gold at Ceniza will she smile at me even MORE than she already does?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in defense of my boyfriend, er, milkman, (LOL!) to me it wasn't a very large tip, and he's the one who's lugging liters of milk at 3AM, not me. I really wonder if anyone in the neighborhood gave him one. Again, better him than me. If a few coppers can turn that frown upside down, so be it.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!