Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Haanta...

Haanta is a terrible hunter. But that's okay.

Haanta 'before' shot - sans helm

Before shot…with helm…egads!

I wish I could honestly report I am not sitting in my red paisley robe, juggling roasting pans and potatoes in a tiny kitchen, but alas, I am. It was a busy week, full of drama and moments of bliss, and now for a nice four-day weekend to work (yes, work - but good kind of work--see below) and play.

So I saw this personality test floating around Facebook, and decided to give it a crack:

Engaged Idealists are extroverted and helpful. Others find them to be very congenial and inspiring - especially as they are always willing to see the best in the other person. Their humour, their energy and their optimism attract other people.
Engaged Idealists are very good at communicating and are good at convincing and firing on others. That is why it is a matter of course that they often take over the leading role in groups. This personality type often produces very charismatic persons.

Engaged Idealists have an unusually strong ability to empathise. They are tolerant and generous towards others; they sometimes tend to idealise their friends. They always try to suit everybody and want their relationships to be harmonious and satisfactory. To achieve this, they are prepared to invest a great deal and to put their requirements last. As Engaged Idealists are very considerate, there is the danger of them sacrificing and overexerting themselves for others. In their job, they therefore have to be very careful not to develop a burnout syndrome.



About that…well, I have Azeroth. If the real world isn't cooperative, then I have an alternate layer of characters who are more than willing to let me take them through the fire again and again, and with a few clicks of an anvil's magic, they are all better again. This makes me think--no matter the criticisms, the anger, hostility, or intolerance we share in the real world or in Azeroth, we do have a chance to pop in, play with a beautiful, intriguing character and run and fly in a beautiful world. 

I'm grateful for that. 

Now onto getting Haanta some fashion help

Postscript: Much, much better:

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I had to go find that test and I'm a Dreamy Idealist.

    "practical things are not really so important" yep

    " They only busy themselves with mundane everyday demands when absolutely necessary." yep, which leads to dust bunnies

    I'll stop before I reveal too much, I think I like yours better.

    Until we meet again in Azeroth where there's never a dust bunny in sight!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been funny to read all my Facebook friends' personality types come up, and damn if they aren't spot-on! Crazy! Yes, I would say Dreamy Idealist suits you: you'll be glad to know I am still taking up the Banner of Introversion and reeducating folks to leave the Introverts alone. I will say the house is starting to smell awesome, even if it doesn't look too good. Have at thee, DUST BUNNIES, and prepare to be vanquished! (((HUG)))

      Delete
  2. Apparently I'm an Independent Thinker. (I couldn't resist trying it either.) Not sure it's entirely right, but it seems close.
    Haanta looks lovely now. (Isn't that hunter tier helm from the first outfit hideous? Poor hunters.) I definitely prefer her new look :D
    Hope you have a lovely day and the food is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too P.E. - that helm is so bizarre, seriously wondering what they were thinking with that one. But - mogging saves all!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous29.11.13

    Your before pic was looking a bit like mine earlier. I feel a bit sorry for my hunter these days even though she was my first main but she just doesn't have the wardrobe to keep up - at least to Cymre's standard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding - hunters get messy too fast!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!