Saturday, December 14, 2013

Third Blog-A-Versary! (APPLAUSE) Chicken, Cookies, and Food is Love Year

Brom ain't afraid of no bacon grease...
Okay, okay - don't be mad. I don't have a contest, or a prize, or a contest and a prize, I don't have pets, or mounts, or luck at the Black Market Auction House, or even a grand prize in the Brawler's Guild. I got nothin'. Heck, I don't even have anything new written. But I do have a few things to share, even if they are, point-of-fact, other people's. 

My dad recently shared his "famous chicken dish" recipe, and it's so good, so easy, I wanted to share it with you folks who may be getting a little sick of turkey or egg nog or sugar plums:

My Daddy's Famous Chicken Dish

Ingredients:2-3 Chicken Breasts1 ¼-Pound Stick Real ButterMinced Garlic (In jar OK)4-6 Tomatoes2 Green Bell Peppers1 Lg. Jar Sliced Mushrooms1 Pkg. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese1 cup riceFresh Parsley
Prep in advance:1. Wash and slice chicken breasts into ½ inch pieces.2. Place tomatoes in boiling water for about 1 minute. Remove and cool in cold water. Peel tomatoes and slice into quarters.3. Remove stem and seeds from bell peppers. Slice into ¼ inch strips.4. Wash parsley and chop off about 1 cup of leaves for garnish5. Prepare rice according to directions. Keep warm.
Preparation:1. Melt butter in med heated pot2. Add 1 tbsp minced garlic to hot butter and sauté for 2 minutes3. Add chicken to hot butter and sauté about 1 minute per side. Remove and set aside.4. Add sliced tomatoes and bell pepper to hot butter5. Place chicken pieces on top of veggies in pot.6. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.7. Remove cover and place cheese and mushrooms on top of chicken and recover. Heat for about 3-5 minutes.8. Spread cooked rice on platter.9. Spoon chicken (with melted cheese and mushrooms) and veggies over rice.10. Serve with remainder of juice (gravy?) from cook pot
Serve with fresh green beans.



And, the blue Draenei I admire most, Vidyala, shared her baking know-how, too. 


Stats? Well, heck. 1,473 published posts, now 1,474; 164,123 page views (thanks, Russia!), and some of the best friends a girl could ever want. I'm going to keep Pierre busy helping me with all this cooking, but am sure he's up to the challenge!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Blogiversary, Matty!
    You don't need any of those contests and prizes and stuff -- you just need to keep on being you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kam, now THAT I can do! lol

      Delete
  2. Happy Blog-versary! May there be many many more! So glad I got to read your blog and meet you through it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, P. Elf! Very cool indeed!

      Delete
  3. Happy third anniversary! May there be many more! Thank Dad for the recipe, I'm going to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will thank my dad, though not sure how to explain it: yes, dad, see, it's like this, I shared your chicken recipe with a druid or two, and a bunch of elves...

      Delete
  4. Happy Blogiversay Matty!!! :D

    /tosses confetti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow, I felt that virtual confetti - I really did! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous14.12.13

    Happy Annivesary, that is a long time to be writing :). May you have many more years of wow blogging ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! The thing is about writing, it doesn't feel like years, it just feels like habit...

      Delete
  6. Happy Blogiversary!!! Definitely going to try your Dad's recipe, it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erinys - it really is delicious and easy, two of my favorite things!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!